Digital Product Policies
Digital products are much different in nature than physical products and therefore require a separate set of policies to help you understand what to expect when purchasing a digital product from Grainline Studio.
- Grainline Studio digital patterns are downloaded as .zip files and will need to be downloaded from a desktop computer. Portable devices such as iPhones, iPads, and others lack the ability to read .zip files.
- Our PDF print at home patterns are formatted to fit both US Letter sized paper as well as A4 paper. Each pattern also includes a file formatted for printing at a service bureau capable of printing large scale.
- All PDF patterns include the pattern both tiled to print at home as well as a copy shop version, a set of detailed sewing instructions, and a Read Me file to help guide you through the printing process. Click here for the instructions included on the Read Me file.
- Upon completion of payment a unique URL will be automatically emailed to you at the email address you provided at checkout. Click the link provided in the email to access your download page. You can also access your download by clicking the link in the website order confirmation page.
- This unique URL will allow 4 download attempts, after which your link will expire. If you are having trouble downloading you can email us email@example.com or reply to your order email.
- All PDF products will automatically download to your computer’s downloads folder unless you have manually set a unique destination. No additional windows will open during this process.
- If you have a hotmail account this download email will be sent to spam. Please check in your spam box and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved email addresses to avoid this in the future.
LOST DIGITAL FILES
- It is your responsibility to download and store your patterns promptly after your purchase. You are provided with the opportunity to download and store your patterns up to 4 times so be sure to save and backup your files! We cannot provide additional download links for lost or deleted files after these 4 downloads have been used up.
- We don’t mean to sound mean, but if you spilled tea on a paper pattern you wouldn’t expect a new one in the mail. Bad things happen from time to time so take the same precautions with your digital products that you would with any other important digital file. Dropbox is a great free way to store a copy of your files off your hard drive in the unfortunate event you spill your digital tea (fingers crossed, knock on wood).
RETURNS + REFUNDS
- Due to the nature of digital downloads, all sales are final and we cannot accept returns.
If you have any questions about the patterns or the download process you can reply to the order email you received or email us at email@example.com.